The Student Special Interest Group of the Society for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity (SPSMM) will:
- Advance student interest, understanding, and participation in research and other scholarly activities pertaining to men, masculinity, and gender.
- Represent the interests and concerns of student affiliates; promote communication among students and also between student affiliates and division members (via listservs and other methods); and meet the specific needs of undergraduate and graduate students within the division.
- Encourage student involvement in Division 51; support scholarly and professional activities related to the psychology of men; and make known the unique benefits of student affiliation with Division 51.
- Activate students to perform social justice work, educational initiatives, community activism, and interventions that enhance each individual’s capacity to experience their full human potential by critically examining the meaning of masculinity in their lives, celebrating traditional masculine norms where they are adaptive, and transcending them where they prove limiting; and empower all persons beyond restrictive gender role definitions.
- Support the present goals of Division 51 and its leadership; acknowledge the division’s origins in feminist and multicultural scholarship; and prepare student affiliates to become future leaders of the division.
SSIG Executive Board
List of current board positions, names, and photos